Have an Easy-Breezy Move with the Best Moving Company
Moving days are stressful for everyone, but there are strategies you can use to make your move as easy as possible. Here are some tips.
Prepare in Advance
Get tasks out of the way as early as possible to avoid a time crunch preparing for moving day.
- Arrange to disconnect your utilities and other services at your old location and for service at your new place. File a change of address form with the post office.
- Investigate professional moving companies for pricing and reputation in advance, then book a moving date with the best moving company on a weekday. Moving is usually pricier on weekends.
- Begin packing storage areas first. Attics, basements, and storage closets contain items you don’t use on a regular basis and can be dealt with up to months in advance.
- Purchase any packing boxes, containers, or moving accessories you’ll need like packing tape, markers, labels, and bubble wrap before you begin packing. MoveStar can provide everything you need.
Declutter and Donate or Sell Unwanted Items
The more things you can get rid of beforehand, the faster and easier your move will be
- Don’t go grocery shopping a week before moving day. Live off whatever you have in your fridge and freezer, then give whatever food is left to friends or donate unwanted canned goods to a local food bank.
- Arrange to donate items in advance. If you have boxes you’ve never unpacked since your previous move, odds are you won’t need them at your new place either. Charities will pick up any unwanted furniture or any other usable items for free.
- As you pack, consider whether you really need whatever items you’re packing. Old birthday cards, never-used cooking utensils, and old plastic cups are examples of things you can throw away or donate.
Save on Boxes and Packing Materials by Using What You Already Have to Pack
- Use blankets, inexpensive clothing, and sheets to pack breakables and fill empty spaces in packed boxes.
- Smaller drawers can be removed and sealed with plastic wrap. That way, you won’t have to box up then reorganize things like the office supplies in your desk drawer.
- Pack your electronics or appliances in their original boxes if you still have them. They’re designed to fit those specific items.
Prepare a Checklist for Moving Day
Consider what you or the movers might need on moving day to make sure everything goes smoothly. Examples include:
- Water bottles for you and the professional moving company movers
- A reserved parking space for the moving truck
- A box containing essentials like toiletries and clothing you’ll need for moving day and the next few days that follow
Following these steps will give you peace of mind and less to worry about on moving day. MoveStar, the best moving company, will also be happy to help with any concerns you might have.
For an easier move, contact MoveStar today.